Effective August 1, 2017
- Obtain a copy of the recorded bond(s) from the Clerk of Court Recording Department.
- Obtain the certified minutes from the Clerk of Court Criminal Department along with an Order Cancelling Bail Obligation. The fee is $15.00 per minute entry.
> Note: If #4, #5, #6, #7 or #8 is applicable you must first present the order to the District Attorney to sign
Before the Judge signs the order.
> Note: If #9, #10 or #11 is applicable you must first present the order to the Sheriff's Office to sign
before the Judge signs the order.
- Have a Judge sign the order and bring the order back to the Clerk of Court Recording Department for recordation.
- If the original bond was posted form June 1, 1996, through July 31, 2017 there is no additional cancellation fee.Otherwise, the cancellation fee is $55.00.
- If the property used to post the bond is located outside of Ascension Parish you must follow the same steps listed above; however,bring he signed Order Cancelling Bail Obligation and the certified minutes to the Parish where the property is located.