Pick up an assessment certificate for your property in the Assessor's Office.
- Go to the Sheriff's Office to get the bond amount.
- Purchase a conveyance certificate from the Clerk of Court recording Department for $20.00 (CASH ONLY!)
- Purchase a mortgage certificate from the Clerk of Court Recording Department. The fee is $20.00 for the first name, $10.00 each additional name. (CASH ONLY!)
- Bring the mortgage certificate and assessment to the Sheriff's Office in either Gonzales or Donaldsonville to have the bond prepared for $30.00. (CASH ONLY!)
- Bring the bond to a 23rd Judicial District Court Judge for approval and signature.
- Bring the signed bond to the Clerk of Court in Donaldsonville or Gonzales for recordation. $70.00 fee for the first bond and $60.00 fee for each additional bond which includes fees for cancellation. (CASH ONLY!) Notice: At the time of cancellation there is a $100.00 fee per appearance bond (MONEY ORDER ONLY!) made payable to the 23rd JDC District Attorney's Office to cancel each bond.
- Bring the certified copy of the bond to the jail where the person is being held.
ALL FEES PAID TO THE ASCENSION CLERK OF COURT ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.